Thursday 6 October 2016

INTRODUCTION


Welcome to my BlogSpot. Here, I will post regularly on my production of a student magazine. I will deeply analyse and explain my decisions in what I choose and I will learn more about the A Level media syllabus as the year progresses. I am extremely interested in the media in how it functions. I am a regular media user and I spend a large quantity of my free time browsing, creating and posting. I have a YouTube channel where I produce videos for 920* fans.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWobjXi6rnVGZ8iS6cwnoIA

I hope from this course I will be able to improve my skills at Photoshop and in the end, I will be able to leave with a better knowledge of the media and how it works.



Preliminary exercise: using DTP and an image manipulation program, produce the front page of a new school/college magazine, featuring a photograph of a student in medium close-up plus some appropriately laid-out text and a masthead. Additionally candidates must produce a DTP mock-up of the layout of the contents page to demonstrate their grasp of the program.

Main task: the front page, contents and double page spread of a new music magazine (if done as a group task, each member of the group to produce an individual edition of the magazine, following the same house style). Maximum four members to a group. All images and text used must be original, produced by the candidate(s), minimum of FOUR images per candidate.



In the evaluation the following seven questions must be addressed:

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?
How does your media product represent particular social groups?
What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?
Who would be the audience for your media product?
How did you attract/address your audience?
What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?



*920 from 06/10/2016

No comments:

Post a Comment