Thursday 3 November 2016

FRONT COVER SKETCHES



After analysing various effective front covers, I decided to begin to design mine on paper.  Being my first effort, I will deeply analyse the layout and improve it until I believe I have the right front cover that portrays the appropriate form of a Sixth Form magazine.


Positives of this front cover is that it denotes the form of a typical Sixth Form magazine. The mast head and Feature article cover are central and this is common in all forms of magazines. The magazine contains all the appropriate components in order to label it a Sixth Form magazine. This includes the issue, price and barcode. I decided to also use a competition in order to appeal to the youthful audience.

However, there are negative points of my draft. I felt that there was a large amount of blank spaces that reduce the impact of the front cover. I also felt that the slogan should be under the mast head as being on top would draw the audiences attention away from the mast head. I also felt that I could move the cover lines around the free space as having them underneath one another is not interesting.

Because of this I decided to recreate a design.

No comments:

Post a Comment