Friday 9 December 2016

MUSIC MAGAZINE RESEARCH CONCLUSION

After researching different magazines, I managed to familiarise myself with the appropriate forms and conventions that music magazines of different genres portray through the narrative. I have discovered that most of the magazines convey different techniques related to the page type depending on the genre. For example, I have discovered that the rock genre conveys the ideologies of the target audience using bold fonts and lots of different images and text. This is common in most rock magazines. Another example is pop music using popular celebrities as main images. Most of the time they are female and are dressed to suit the stereotypes of the mainstream audience.

From this, I have decided that after determining my genre to base my magazine on, I will need to research the common forms and conventions magazines of the genre convey. I will also research the audience and the stereotypes they link in with.

I feel that I have the knowledge necessary to move on to the production and planning of my music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment